Learn how to create your own clay pieces at one of our wheel throwing experiences. No experience necessary!
Choose from either a Wheel Throwing 101 Class during a 50-60 minute workshop to learn the basics of wheel throwing or as a refresher course with great exposure to the wheel, tools, and glazes.... or partake in a Six Week Workshop (12 hours) on the wheel to learn about making different shapes, handles, designs, trimming, and more!
Wheel throwing is a great activity for children (ages 9 & up) and adults. Each student will create a clay masterpiece and return in ~14 days later to glaze their masterpiece at no additional fee (studio time, glazes, and firing included).
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL WHEEL EXPERIENCES
- Must book your Wheel 101 Classes online
- Must be at least 9 years old to take the class. no exceptions.
- No guests/observers may stand and watch the class based on limited space in the studio.
- You MUST sign up and pay in full (or provide voucher redemption code at time of reservation) for all classes prior to the class.
- No walk ins allowed for Wheel 101 Lessons
- Show up 10 minutes early for class
- To cancel or change your lesson time, you must do so > 24 hours in advance or forfeit your payment in its entirety
- A minimum of 1 clay creation will be made.
- No additional fee for the glaze/fire for the first creation.
- If you make a second creation during your lesson, and want to keep the creation, there will be an additional fee of $5 to glaze/fire the second item. $5 will be due at the conclusion of your lesson.
- Return to glaze your creation(s) 2-4 weeks later at your leisure, preferably M-F.
- Will keep creations in studio for only 30 days once it has been fired and awaits your return to glaze.
- Long hair should be tied back and remove any hand jewelry.
- Wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty. Lighter clay 'usually' does not stain.
- Remove hand jewelry before going on the wheel - it will get dirty! (e.g., rings, bracelets)
Experienced?? Come in on your own without instructors for $55 an hour per person including clay, glaze and firing. Call ahead to ensure the wheels are open!
Private Wheel Throwing 101 Class - $55 ppavailable for one or two people booking together for a one hour wheel throwing lesson.. Please call the studio to schedule.
Small Group Wheel Throwing 101 Class for 3-6 people - $40 pp available by making a reservation for a small group outing or you may sign up individually by attending one of our Wheel 101 classes. *For groups of 6 or more, see our Parties tab for a discounted party rate of $30 pp.
Wheel Throwing 101 Classes - sign up to join one of our Wheel 101 classes. Class size is limited to no more than 6 participants at a time. ................... dates available online by clicking the Schedule Now button.Tue, July 28 @ 6:30 pmTue, July 28 @ 7:45 pmWed, July 29 @ 6:30 pmWed, July 29 @ 7:45 pmSat, Aug 1 @ 9 amSat, Aug 1@ 10:10 amTue, Aug 4 @ 6:30 pmWed, Aug 5 @ 6:30 pmTue, Aug 11 @ 6:30 pmWed, Aug 12 @ 6:30 pmSaturday, August 15 @ 11 amTue, Aug 18 @ 6:30 pmSaturday, August 22 @ 11 am
Six Week Wheel Throwing 101 Workshop - $220 pp
Two hour workshops for six consecutive weeks for ages 12 & up. Classes include 12 lbs. of clay, wheel instruction, tools, glaze, and firing fees. Learn centering on wheel, opening, pulling, shaping, trimming and glazing. Throw for 4-5 sessions and glaze for 1 session or on your own time and leisure in our studio during open business hours. Class size must be between 4 - 6 students or will be rescheduled. (Great activity to do with friends or family!)
Wheel Throwing Camp + Painting2
Join the club behind the wheel. Learn the basics of wheel throwing over the summer.
Enjoy 4 hours behind the wheel (2 hours each of the 2 days). Plus paint $20 of ceramics of your choice after your session on the wheel and lunch ($40 total between the two days). And then it doesn’t stop there—choose any day to return to paint your clay creations (2-3 weeks later). Take the one sessions. Like it? Take a second session! (12 hours total of Clay Monet Camp time)
Please have your child pack their own sack lunch and beverage. Ages 9 & up.
Date: Session 1: June 22 & 24, Session 2: July 13 & 15, or Session 3: Aug 5 & 6
Time: 10 am - 2pm Cost: $120
Boy Scout & Girl Scout Wheel Throwing ($25 per scout - >50% savings on regular price of $40 pp wheel and $12 pp tile) These Scout Sessions include all badge requirements:
- One 90 minute sessions in the studio (3 hours total) with a degreed professional instructor who willl teach the scouts about clay and tools we use, and the glazing/firing process.
- Boy or Girl Scouts: 45 minutes on the wheel and 30 minutes to paint a tile (etching techniques) plus another 90 minute session 2 weeks later in the studio to return to paint your clay masterpiece.
- Class size minimum 6 - maximum 20
- Please call the studio to finalize the schedule before booking online
- Special pricing is for scouts only (siblings welcome but are not eligible for the > 50% discounted rate)
For classes that meet boy scout merit badge requirements, see the sculpting tab.