Wheel Throwing Classes
Learn how to create your own pieces at one of our wheel throwing classes. No experience necessary!
Experienced?? Come in on your own without instructors for $30 an hour including clay, glaze and firing. Call ahead to ensure the wheels are open!
Private Wheel 101 Lesson(ages 9 & up) - $40 pp available by appointment only. Please call the studio to schedule.
Wheel Throwing 101 Class (ages 9 & up) - $30 pp
One hour workshop, great exposure to the wheel for ages 9 and up - great for children or adults. Each student will create a small pot, returning ~14 days later (at anytime) to paint their piece (fee and materials included). Class size must be between 3 - 6 students (max) or will be rescheduled. (Great activity to do with friends or family!)
Call to schedule your 101 session or workshop. Private wheel classes or wheel parties will need to call the studio directly to schedule.
Sunday, February, 22 @ 2 pm
Six Week Wheel Throwing 101 Workshop - $220
Two hour workshops for six consecutive weeks for ages 12 & up. Classes include 12 lbs. of clay, wheel instruction, tools, glaze, and firing fees. Learn centering on wheel, opening, pulling, shaping, trimming and glazing. Throw for 4-5 sessions and glaze for 1 session or on your own time and leisure in our studio during open business hours. Class size must be between 4 - 6 students or will be rescheduled. (Great activity to do with friends or family!) ..... Classes NOW ENROLLING AND STARTS SUNDAY, APRIL 4th 1 - 3 pm
YOU MUST SIGN UP & PAY IN FULL FOR ALL CLASSES PRIOR TO SHOWING UP FOR THE CLASS TIME. NO REFUNDS ONCE YOU START THE WORKSHOP FOR MISSED CLASSES.
Boy Scout and Girl Scout Pottery Badges ($25 per scout - a 40% savings) These Scout Sessions include all badge requirements:
- Two 90 minute sessions in the studio (3 hours total) with a degreed professional instructor who will teach the scouts about history of pottery, the clay and tools we use, the glazing/firing process, a tour of the studio and kiln loading process, and learn the requirements it takes to study pottery and be a professional in this industry.
- Girl Scouts: 1 hour on the wheel and 30 minutes to paint a tile (etching techniques) plus another 90 minute session 2 weeks later in the studio to return to paint your clay masterpiece
- Boy or Girl Scouts:1 hour on the wheel and 30 minutes to create a clay pot with hand building techniques plus another 90 minute session 2 weeks later in the studio to return to paint your clay masterpiece
- Class size minimum 6 - maximum 20
- Please call the studio to finalize the schedule before booking online
- Special pricing is for scouts only (siblings welcome but are not eligible for the 40% discounted rate)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL WHEEL EXPERIENCES
*YOU MUST SIGN UP & PAY IN FULL FOR ALL CLASSES PRIOR TO SHOWING UP FOR THE CLASS TIME.
*Long hair should be tied back.
*Wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty. Red clay may stain. Lighter clay 'usually' does not stain.
*Remove hand jewelry before going on the wheel - it will get dirty! (e.g., rings, bracelets)
*To cancel your lesson - please allow >24 hours notice before your scheduled time or your deposit/payment may be forfeited.
CLASSES REQUIRE PREPAID RESERVATION WITH AT LEAST A 24 HOUR NOTICE FOR CANCELLATION OR RESCHEDULING OR DEPOSIT/VOUCHER WILL BE FORFEITED.